Die Aufgaben von einem Hörgeräteakustiker

The tasks of a hearing care professional

Hearing specialists and audiologists are experts in all things ear health and can provide hearing reports for children and adults. These professionals will help you with hearing loss or possible causes. For example, if you have a problem with tinnitus or ringing in your ear or if your hearing performance is weakened by too much ear wax, then you are at the right address. An acoustician will conduct various hearing tests with you and recommend the appropriate course of action.

We have a team of experts ready for you for all your needs, including hearing specialists and audiologists. Together we will find the best solution so that you can hear optimally. Our acousticians are certified professionals. The goal of our team is to improve your quality of life. We offer you a comprehensive assessment of your hearing ability, as well as individual advice. So you know which is the newest and best hearing aid for you.

When do I go to the hearing care professional?

Have you already experienced hearing loss and do you feel that you cannot hear properly? You may need someone else to push you. You may also be told by family and other acquaintances and friends that you cannot hear properly. If you suspect hearing loss, there is no time to waste. In this case, the right person to talk to is a hearing specialist or an audiologist. Typical examples for you in everyday life are when:

  •  According to loved ones, you should have your hearing checked
  • you have difficulties understanding in everyday life
  • you don't hear properly in crowded and noisy rooms
  • Conversations tire you
  • you always have to bid for repetition of what is said
  • your television is set too loud

Your personal hearing health

Take advantage of the internet and find out about any possible hearing loss you may have. You should see a hearing care professional or ear, nose and throat doctor as soon as possible. After a short research on the Internet, you can get a rough overview of the possible reasons for your symptoms.


You can research the first possible solutions to your hearing loss on the Internet. In this case you can find out more about audiology and acousticians right away. You can have your ears examined by a hearing specialist and certified audiologist. There your hearing will be checked in detail and a solution will be found. This corresponds to your individual needs. We offer you a personal and individually tailored service that you cannot get anywhere else. This is how you can find the first indication of your problem. We support you in finding a solution.

How do I buy my hearing aid?

You will quickly find what you are looking for on the Internet, because you will most likely come across so-called hearing amplifiers first. A hearing amplifier is relatively cheap and offers you relatively few functions. But your hearing is very individual and unique - similar to your fingerprint. Therefore, you cannot choose a one-size-fits-all solution that will help you in everyday life. You need to see a qualified audiologist and hearing specialist. A good hearing aid is selected and adjusted together. If possible, you shouldn't buy your hearing amplifiers on the Internet. The same is true of private sales of used hearing aids and the like. Your hearing aid should always be tailored to your lifestyle. Only a hearing specialist or audiologist can do this for you.

An initial meeting with the acoustician

You make an appointment for a consultation with a professional for acousticians. At this appointment, your data will be read in by the health insurance company and anamnesis will be taken. Your acoustician will explain your hearing loss to you. You describe your everyday problems in order to pass on all the information. You may have a medical history. You can also share that. Even in the event that you have a hearing aid prescription from your ear, nose and throat doctor with you, you can have it with you.


An otoscopy is now performed. Your ear will be checked by the hearing care professional with an otoscope. An impression may be taken of your ear canal. This can help determine which type of hearing aid is right for you. A hearing test is then carried out. This hearing test consists of two parts. Speech audiometry and tone audiometry are used. Both are measured in decibels. The graduation looks like this:


  • Very little or no impairment at up to 25 dB
  • low hearing loss up to 40 dB
  • moderate hearing loss up to 60 dB
  • strong impairment up to 80 dB
  • severe hearing loss from 81 dB


If the hearing care professional determines that you have hearing loss, they will advise you on different hearing systems. Your preferences and wishes will of course be taken into account. You are free to choose your hearing system. The calibration and adjustment is done professionally. As soon as you are satisfied with your new hearing situation, you will make another appointment with your hearing care professional to fine-tune everything.

JobHearing acousticsHearing aidsHearing lossWissenswertes

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published